AND THE 2016 SHORTLISTS ARE...
The 2016 CILIP Carnegie Medal Shortlist
• One by Sarah Crossan (Bloomsbury)
• The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge (Macmillan)
• There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake (Bloomsbury)
• The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (Walker Books)
• Five Children on the Western Front by Kate Saunders (Faber)
• The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick (Indigo)
• Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (MiraInk)
• Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine (HarperCollins)
The 2016 CILIP Kate Greenaway Medal Shortlist
• Willy’s Stories illustrated and written by Anthony Browne (Walker Books)
• There’s a Bear on My Chair illustrated and written by Ross Collins (Nosy Crow)
• Once Upon an Alphabet illustrated and written by Oliver Jeffers (HarperCollins)
• Sam & Dave Dig a Hole illustrated by Jon Klassen, written by Mac Barnett (Walker Books)
• Something About a Bear illustrated and written by Jackie Morris (Frances Lincoln)
• Captain Jack and the Pirates illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, written by Peter Bently (Puffin)
• The Sleeper and the Spindle illustrated by Chris Riddell, written by Neil Gaiman (Bloomsbury)
• Footpath Flowers illustrated by Sydney Smith, written by JonArno Lawson (Walker Books)
Excellent choices! Most of the Carnegie titles are (again!) ones that I wouldn't approach with primary groups, but teachers know their own classes/ pupils and will make decisions accordingly, having read the books themselves.
The Kate Greenaway list is perfect for everyone! A fantastic range of artistic styles to be shared and enjoyed- and the stories aren't bad either!
I'm hoping to look at the Greenaway titles with some of my children and will share their thoughts as we go, but if anyone else is shadowing, please let us know so I can add your children's responses too!