Last month, I was delighted to receive a copy of the new Tom Gates book, 'Super Good Skills (Almost)'. Being aunt to the Number One Tom Gates fan, I took the book with me when I went to see my nephew, William.
He proudly told me he had the whole collection of Tom Gates books- except the new one. You can imagine the look on his face when I pulled it out of the bag! Am I a good auntie? I hope so!
Delighted as he was with the book, William was very poorly that day and ended up having to spend a couple of days in hospital. I am delighted to report that he is much better now and the whole family have been enjoying watching Liz Pichon's drawing tips and joining in!
As you can see, they had great fun!
Will also sent me his thoughts about the book so far, via Grandma!
1. He likes it because you can join in with Tom.
2. So far he is enjoying the book very much.
3. William could imagine it all happening.
4. Makes Will laugh.
5. It is a lovely idea to write in the book, but Will does not like to do it.
6. Will says he will photo copy the pages and then draw on them.
You can tell we're related; the very IDEA of writing in a book- even if you're meant to -makes me feels quite weak!
If you haven't looked at the Tom Gates website, it's full of fun! http://www8.scholastic.co.uk/tomgatesworld/